COPYRIGHT © 2020   MELTON P.C.C.    

CHURCH BUILDING AND HISTORY

  ABOUT US

MELTON OLD CHURCH

Welcome to our beautiful church. The Living of St Andrew’s dates from around 1146 and was a gift of the monks of Ely at a time when Melton was an important administrative centre of the Liberty of Ely. The original church of St Andrew’s stands about a mile away from the present building close to the parish boundary with Ufford. During the 19th Century, partly influenced by the arrival of the railway, the centre of the population moved nearer the river leaving the church somewhat isolated and difficult to access. The present building was completed in 1868. Melton Old Church is now owned by a charitable trust and has become a popular venue for a variety of cultural, musical and social events.



The church has a number of interesting stained glass windows and you can access information about  these by clicking the link below before reading the complete history.

     MELTON’S “NEW” PARISH CHURCH